Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MUSIC WORLD: Jay-Z Speaks on "We Are the World"

Google

4 people saying...:

kendra_blessed said...

I'm actually pretty glad none of them were in the remake. The remake wasn't horrible, but the thought was nice. I don't think none of them can do a song that's not all about them anyway.

kendra_blessed said...

Oh and I think that if jay wanted 2 do something new he could have presented the idea but that would require him 2 take the limelight off of him and on a collective group. Him, lady gaga, rihanna, and beyonce are 2 selfish 2 do things with people better than them. That's my opinion lol

TSH said...

Ummm... well I disagree lol

I think people feel like because Jay-Z and Beyonce are so "on top" that they cannot humble themselves enough to contribute to a collective effort. If you recall, they both performed during the Haiti telethon and some of the people in the remake did not.

They are artists first and I do not blame Jay-Z for feeling like touching a classic was inappropriate. That's like asking Jacob Lawrence to repaint da Vinci's Mona Lisa...

That's my opinion...lol

kendra_blessed said...

true... I don't really care for the remake because I still like the old one the best, but I just can't see them humbling themselves for it. I just can't. I would be gratefully shocked. The first telethon that was done on the major networks was so depressing. I loved the one BET did though and they weren't on their.

Post a Comment

Converted By Free Blogger Help. Get More Blogger Templates